Christian Views on Country Music

Welcome! This is the blog of DaveLoneRanger which entails only his commentary on country music, from a Christian conservative perspective. Thus, he takes a dim view of some songs many consider "staples" of country, such as drinking songs. Ye be warned.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gretchen Wilson: The Homeschooling Mom?

Gretchen Wilson Finishing Her GED For Personal Reasons - Star wants to homeschool daughter

One of the things Gretchen Wilson spoke about at the CMA Fest pre-Stadium concert this weekend was her effort to finally get her high school diploma through GED.

When we asked why that was important for her to do she said it was because she'd told somebody she would do it, she wants to be able to homeschool her daughter.

"It's always something I wanted to do and something I told someone I would do. I said it out loud to somebody and I'm one of those people that I do what I say I'm going to do. But, I think the reason it crept up on my right now is because we just started home schooling my daughter and I'm not eligible to be listed as an educator for her because I don't have a high school education or a GED. It's all her dad right now. I want to be a part of that and maybe, next year when I have my degree I'll be able to," Gretchen explained.


Very admirable of Ms. Wilson to take the initiative in completing her high school education, considering her very rough upbringing. One can certainly see the benefits of homeschooling during an aggressive touring schedule.

But sadly, as a Christian, it is hard to approve of the fact that this child was born out of wedlock. We hope that as Ms. Wilson straightens out her priorities, giving the child a stable living environment with two committed parents is one of them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home